< - BACK
are you a contractor that wants to be featured? click HERE to submit your info!
mar 2019 - contractor of the month
FEATURED PROJECT: URBAN STRAWBALE ADDITION
This straw bale addition features very high performing straw bale insulation. Warm interior clay wall plasters and smooth tadelakt windowsills give it a modern but cozy feel. Clay plaster also keeps indoor air quality high and regulates temperature and humidity to make a comfortable space.
Featured Pioneer products:
- Landscape pins - in strawbale walls
- Red Breeze - in base coat plaster (can be seen in progress photos on website)
- White Masonry Sand - used in all plaster
- Leyden Clay - in finished plaster walls
read all about the project HERE
a brief intro to why living craft uses clay plaster over other wall finishes - click HERE
an in-depth article about how clay regulates indoor humidity and why that is good for your health - click HERE
living craft has completed projects up and down the colorado front range and in the denver metro area, including:
- Fort Collins
- Aspen Meadows
- Eldorado Springs
- Wheat Ridge
We build healthy, high performance homes in the Front Range. We offer a wide range of services, for both new building and remodeling. Our finished projects are ecologically designed, high-performance structures, crafted using the least toxic and most local materials available. We started our company to address the need for [a] truly sustainable construction company for homeowners and businesses in the Front Range of Colorado. Our values are important to us, and we try to honor them in all aspects of our process.
- LOCAL: Build using materials that are found or produced locally and have as little embodied energy as possible. Use local labor to build the local economy.
- NON-TOXIC: We use materials that are not harmful to the people producing, installing, or living among them.
- HEALTHY: Not only do we want the inhabitants and environment to be healthy, but also the building itself.
- LOW-IMPACT: We use materials with low embodied energy, sourced using the least extractive methods possible.
As a licensed and insured contractor, we have the knowledge, experience, and network to take on any project. Learn more about our values and team here.